ironing board recovery project

photo-6

Hello,┬áRochelle here to share a quick little project I completed for the shop recently. Anyone who’s taken a class with us has probably noticed our ironing boards are well loved. It was high time for them to don some new covers! I used this really great tutorial and had two great looking covers in no time at all.

photoHere’s a before and after shot so you can see what a huge difference such a quick project can make! (The dark spots on the left board are iron burns, the dark spots on the right board are shadows. Yes, the one on the right is the brand new fresh one! Sorry for the lack luster photos…)

photo-4I used 1.75 yards of Denyse Schmidt’s Flower & Dot in the green colorway, and one bag of craft batting to complete this project. The pattern calls for two yards of fabric, but even with the added seam allowance, I had plenty of wiggle room.

photo-5

photo-3The steps involved with this pattern are very simple and straightforward. Basically you trace your current ironing board to make a template, add 2.5 inches to that template, quilt some batting to the fabric, and sew a quick channel for the draw string!

photo-2photo-1Ta-da! A good as new ironing board! If you’re looking for a quick and easy day project to brighten up your sewing or laundry room, give this one a try. Some new fabric and fresh batting really makes a world of difference. We’ve already had some positive feed back from last week’s Sew Liberated Tunic class!

I’m glad to hear our NEW covers are getting their fair share of love.

Speaking of the Sew Liberated’s Schoolhouse Tunic, we just received a new shipment of those patterns, as well as Colette’s new Spring/Summer line!

Many more new items are expected in the shop this week so stay tuned!

Happy Monday!

This entry was posted in General Posts, Sewing Projects and tagged , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

Comments are closed.